Hajj â€“ the fifth pillar of Islam religion in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The pillar is obligatory for everyone who is a Muslim, provided they are able to visit the pilgrimage in terms of finance and physical fitness. A visit to Hajj is supposed to attain peace and spiritual transformation and change to be a better person. Itâ€™s a total spiritual journey that makes people realize the essence of God and teaches a person to show humility and sincerity.
Before you leave for Hajj it is essential that you know some of the things that are important
Who should go to Hajj?
*Every Muslim who is fit and has the financial ability to reach Mecca should go to Hajj.
* The person should be of sound mind and be mature enough to understand the importance of visiting Hajj.
* Women can also go to Hajj only if accompanied by her husband or Mahram (brother, father, uncle, son).
*children can also go to Hajj only after they are 7 with the permission of his guardian. A baby is allowed for Hajj, provided his guardian performs the requisites and integrals of Hajj.
Preparations for Hajj
Hajj is very sacred experience and one should focus on adequate preparations that simply cannot be ruled out. One has to invest time, money, physical effort so that his visit is a success and attains fulfillment. There are many things that one should consider like:
* One should have all the documents ready prior to your departure for Mecca.
* A round trip ticket is needed if your visa is to be issued.
* your travel agent should be well experienced in telling you in detail about all the documents and paper work required while you leave the country and even when you reach Saudi Arabia.
* You will also need certain vaccinations to procure a visa.
* Take with you certain medications that will be useful for infections and common cold etc.
* Clothing should be light and airy. It is hot in Saudi Arabia and therefore one should be comfortably dressed.
* Clothes to perform Ihram are however recommended.
Fundamentals of Hajj
It is important that you know why you leave for Hajj. The rites should be performed in peace and devotion. Therefore, you need to have a peaceful mind and pious thoughts when you leave for Hajj. There are certain prerequisites that every Muslim should observe to attain fulfillment.
* The intention to visit Hajj should be solely to devote you to Allah. This is not to impress your friends or relatives.
* The expenses for Hajj should be paid only through legitimate earnings or Halal. Money earned from criminal acts is not acceptable.
* It is essential that you clear your financial debts or other obligations before you leave for Hajj.
* You should resolve all your differences or issues with others and ask for forgiveness if you have hurt anyone in the past.
Choosing travel agent
* Travel agent is the most important link between you and Mecca.
* The travel company should provide you all the information and offer the right kind of package you need.
* choose the one that provides a guide with you while you are in Mecca.
* Check the dates and the duration of the stay in Mecca and even Medina.
* your travel agent should give you details about the cost in advance and also other expenses that may occur anywhere during the pilgrimage.
* You should know about the accommodations, transport and repast.
* It is important that the travel agents knows about the rites performed and procedures and customs of Saudi Arabia.Â